Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Little Handsome Man


What does Derek love? FOOTBALL!!! Yes my son is a football fanatic! He knows more about the game than I do. He always talks about football, plays football and watches football. His favorite team of course is the San Diego Chargers. His favorite player L.T. hence the nickname D.T. He knows all the players names, #'s and positions. It doesn't end with the Chargers though he loves all football. His nightly bedtime readings include The NFL's MVP's and the Super Stars of the NFL. Each night I have to read to him about at least one player from one of these books. Then he can move on to the the series his Dad has started reading to him and Ryan, The Magic Treehouse. Aside from football he loves video games. I know, I know a 4 year old playing video games...but he loves it! For his 4th B-day he wanted money so he could buy a PSP. The game of choice Madden and yes my boy can actually play it! He is limited to the amount of time spent playing PSP and PS3 and the kind of games he can play. He plays Madden, Fifa, MXvsATV stuff like that, mainly sports and racing.
Derek also loves playing outside, soccer, riding his bike, school, AWANA, hiking, fishing, snake hunting with Uncle and just getting outside and doing something. My Derek is the sweetest little guy! Where ever we go he is always picking me flowers and telling me he loves me! He says he will play for the NFL someday. He is amazingly good at math. He is just a good kid! He loves his big sister and little brother so much. A quote from last week after shopping at Karlie's favorite store, "I guess I don't mind going to that stinky girlie store for Karlie because I love her." I just love this little guy and it is a joy to be his mother!!

No comments: