Sunday, April 27, 2008

What's new?

Ok last week my brother built the kids beautiful planter boxes. the kids have been wanting to plant some things so we went to the nursery. Karlie picked Strawberries, Derek picked jalapenos and Ryan picked grape tomatoes. They all picked a flower also. When Daddy got home he brought all the potting soil and we got to work. I think Ryan enjoyed the dirt more than everyone else. We had allot of fun planting and the gardens are very cute. I will post pictures soon! The next day was earth day so they all got to share how we planted a garden.

Karlie is trying out for the 2nd grade Geo-Bee. She really hopes to be chosen to represent her class. So we have been studying with her. The other day the cutest thing happened while her and Daddy were studying. Derek was sitting there listening to all the questions and answers. Daddy asked Karlie what the country to the North of the USA was. She was thinking real hard so he gave her a clue. He said, "It's NORTH of the USA so it's above us." Before Karlie could answer Derek starts saying, "I know, I know!" So Daddy says to Derek, "What is it?" Then Derek answered, "Heaven!" I just thought that was the cutest thing ever!!!

The boys had their game this morning and once again The Sharks won! It was a really fun game! It was very hot and super windy but lots of excitement! Derek dominated just like always scoring 7 goals, but our little Ryan scored 2 goals!!! It was awesome!! Kyla also scored 2 goals so the final score was 11 to 2! Karlie has her game at 3:45 so I will update later!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing the updates! Its so nice to hear about what you guys are doing. I'm thinking of starting a garden this year but its tough at this altitude (8,800 ft) although it can be done. Also, I've got all the animals to worry about, they love to eat veggies too! Please post pictures of the planter boxes and its so nice your brother was able to build them. I wish I had some help like that - still hoping though and haven't given up and will know when it is the right guy. BTW: my mom and dad just celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary!

Also, sorry didn't respond to the email but please put me on your email update list.

Look forward to your next post and pictures - hugs and kisses to the kids.

Aunt Vanessa