Monday, May 5, 2008

We are a Wii family!!

So on Friday night Daddy became Super Daddy (on accident!) To make a long story short....we went to pick up Doug from a little Lineman party. He had been drinking a little and was having a good time, he wasn't quite ready to leave. So I told him the kids and I would drive around and find a Target or someplace to go spend the money they each had burning a hole in their pockets!! Well Daddy tells them they had been being soooo good (keep in mind he had been drinking) that they could save their money and go get "whatever they wanted" Hearing this Derek says "Can we get a Wii? Doug says sure! Derek yells "YES"! Doug kisses them and closes the car door. Then he turns to me and says "They won't have it!" (You see we have been checking on the Wii since November and around here it has been sold out everywhere.) Derek is always checking to see if they have it where ever we go. So we went on a mission to find a Target or Toys R Us or something. While we are driving Derek sees a Best Buy and he shouts "there Mommy that's where they sell video games!" So we went to best buy. We go to the Wii section and again they had plenty of games and attachments but no systems. So we see a worker and ask if they have any Wii systems. He answers "YES! We are receiving a shipment right now! I answer with a shocked "You do?" He's like"Yeah do you want me to go back and get you one?" Derek shouts "Yes we do!!!!" So they guy goes and gets it and my kids are jumping up and down with excitement! When he comes back he says "Do you want any games" All three kids say yes! I give them a look and they reply "Daddy said we could get whatever we want!" So we left with a Wii system, MarioKart for Derek, Lego Starwars for Ryan and High School Musical sing along for Karlie! Doug was very shocked when the children told him Thank You for their new things! He didn't believe it at first. We have been having so much fun with it though! We all have our own Mii's and really enjoy playing together! I don't think Doug will ever tell the kids they can get whatever they want and send them shopping with me again!

1 comment:

Zach and Chelsea said...

Aww that is soo fun! I'm glad you guys were able to find one. I know around here they are always out of stock too! I bet the whole family is enjoying the wii :) Love you guys!